Dope

Dope

BBFC Certificate: 15

Dope is a comedy crime film which is written and directed by Rick Famugiwa.

Dope successfully changes typical genre plot lines for an off beat and stylish tale about a teenagers perception and behavior. I believe the story line is best kept a secret so I will not divulge into the plot in this review, however I can tell you that Famugiwa's writing and direction flawlessly manages to execute the dynamic shifts in the film's theme and genre. The performances are all great, but the standout was the newcomer lead, Shameik Moore.

The only minor complaint I have is that one of the characters only appear as a convenience to the plot. Despite this Dope is one of the funniest and most entertaining films of 2015. And is one of my favorites of the year thus far.

Rating: 8/10

Comments